Email your local candidates
With a federal election on our doorstep, we need to know where our local candidates stand on the vital issue of the NDIS. Will you ask your local candidate where they stand so they know that they will only have your support if they commit to defending the NDIS?
When it was first introduced, the NDIS was a game changer for people with disability. For the first time, people with disability had the chance to access the basic support they need to live their best lives.
But right now, the NDIS is at a crossroads. It’s not the scheme Australians fought hard for and deserve.
Instead of a scheme that puts people with disability first, we’re seeing:
- Plans being cut without reasonable explanation;
- The National Disability Insurance Agency paying external lawyers big bucks to fight against people with disability and families;
- People with disability no longer at the centre of the scheme.
The Teamwork Works campaign is calling on all parties contesting the election to commit to:
- Proper Planning – so people with disability have the resources they need to build the right team for them.
- Fair and Independent Pricing – so providers can deliver the services people with disability need.
- Genuine Partnership – a real commitment from the Federal Government to work with participants and providers to build a scheme that delivers long-term support.
This federal election is crucial in determining the future of our NDIS. Will you ask your local candidates if they will Defend Our NDIS?
Authorised by Andrew Beswick, National Disability Services, Level 3, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville 3052.
Your browser does not support iframes. Please visit https://emc.good.do/teamworkworks/TeamworkMpemail/